SFI, Swedish for immigrants
Swedish for immigrant (SFI) is an education for those who don't have Swedish as their first language. You will learn the basics of how to read and write in Swedish. You will also practice on using the language in your daily life and in your future work. The education is free.
You can apply to SFI online on our web application.
Who can study SFI?
This is what you need to fulfill to be entitled to study SFI in Sigtuna municipality:
- You are at least 16 years old.
- You don´t have knowledge in Swedish.
- You have a home address in Sigtuna municipality.
- You have received your personal id number.
- Exception for SFI studies.
- You are an EU/EES or Swiss citizen and have a co-ordination number.
- You are an EU/EES or Swiss citizen without personal identity number or co-ordination number.
Different levels of studying SFI
SFI is divided in different kinds of levels and are divided into four courses, (A, B, C, D). You will be placed in the right level based on your educational background. You will also be placed depending on your knowledge in languages. The courses are adapted for you according to the following:
- A-D (course of study 1) for you who have no or short schooling from your home country.
- B-D (Scourse of study 2) for you with 7-12 years of schooling from your home country.
- C-D (course of study 3) for you who have a habit of studying and have more than 12 years of schooling from your home country.
Sfx - Swedish for professionals
To take advantage of the knowledge and experience of immigrants and refugees who come to Sweden, specialized so-called Sfx education programs have been developed. Sfx is aimed at people who already have work experience/education from their home country. Swedish education on Sfx focuses on the vocational language and it also provides an opportunity to learn how the labor market and the profession work in Sweden. The purpose is to shorten the time for work or enterprise. Sfx offers a vocational language education where theory is intertwined with practice.
For more information enter the website of Swedish for professionals in Stockholm County.
At SFI level you can´t apply for student aid.
Start studying Swedish by yourself
You may have to wait before you get to start studying SFI. But you can start learning Swedish by yourself while you wait. Try to talk to Swedish people a littlet, listen to Swedish radio, watch Swedish TV. Below you will find useful links and tips on books you can borrow from the library.
Lexin - Free online dictionary
Digitala spåret - Many different exercises online
Books in the library
Rivstart A1 + A2 - Beginner level
Rivstart B1 + B2 - Elementary level
Grammatikövningar för SFI - Course B and Course C
Grammatikövningar för SFI 2 - Course C and Course D
Mitt i mål 1 - Course D
Hjälpte informationen på denna sidan dig?
Meddela fel på sidan